Sunday, April 11, 2010

A few of my favorite things...

Today is one of my favorite things. It's spring, the birds are chirping, I have the potential to lay in the hammocks, and it looks like it might storm. I was going to work but decided that I would rather read and watch movies all day. Something I've not done in awhile. Matt and I were supposed to get up and go to small group and church but small group got cancelled so we decided to lay low today. That's another one of my favorite things. So...in the spirit of favorite things, I'm going to make a list (in NO order):

  • Hammocks with a warm breeze blowing and a good book
  • Kids books that are ridiculously cute and make me want to be the main character
  • My husband
  • My parents
  • Good music: Natalie Merchant, Meiko, Ingrid Michaelson, John Gorka, Joni Mitchell, James Taylor, more meloncholy stuff.
  • A good movie like (500) Days of Summer or Fantastic Mr. Fox
  • Did I mention the cats? Olive and Hazel the Odd Couple of cats. Hazel is 12 and over dependent. Olive is almost 1 and like an ADD toddler.
  • Birds Chirping.
  • Fall in every sense of the word
  • Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
  • Steak (I am my father's daughter)
  • My couch (most comfortable thing in the world)
  • Gluten-Free Surprises. Things that I have had to do without and now can be found Gluten-Free.
  • Rain
  • Thunderstorms
  • Fireplaces
  • Long Walks on the Beach (I had to through that in since it appeared for a moment I was writing a sappy personal add)
  • Hearing my husband do impressions spot on. I love that man. He really is a peach.
  • Asparagus (don't know why, I just do)
  • My nook filled with good books
  • Rainbows and puppy dogs
Okay, the last one is only partly true. I'm not a puppy dog kinda girl. :)

Now off to one of my least favorite things: dum dum dummmmm The Grocery Store. (cue the horror music)

1 comment:

  1. Reading and movies all day? Yes, that is such a rarity. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete