Thursday, April 22, 2010

Yeah, I'm Online. What of it?

Shhhh....I'm online and I'm working as well. Don't tell my email.

There's something "sneaky" about working, being online, and NOT checking my email. It's completely mental. I know it. Why should I care if I'm online and not checking email. Or working, and not checking email. I feel like I'm cheating on my email. This seems to be an overdependent relationship that needs to be monitored. My email doesn't care. It's just taunting me, "Psst. Meg! Hey Meg! I've got email! It may be a crisis just waiting to pounce or junk. Only I know. Hmmm....Wouldn't you like to know? I could tell you. Just click on that Entourage button and all will be revealed."

Evil email. Seriously! I have friends who work for other companies and are completely addicted to their crackberry's. When I travel for work, I'm somewhat addicted to my iPhone email but if I'm not traveling or in meetings, I rarely turn the email on. I could, but that is a dangerous slope my friends. Very dangerous. One moment, you are emailing in an airport and the next minute you are hiding in the bathroom checking email trying to hide your addictive behavior from your husband. (HAND ON HEART THIS ISN'T ME! IT'S A FRIEND I SWEAR!) (THAT SOUNDS LIKE A DENIAL PROBLEM BUT IT REALLY ISN'T ME.) (REALLY)

Anyway, if you see my email, I wasn't here.

3 comments:

  1. Avoid the addiction! It's one reason I hope to never get email access on my phone.

    ...but those iPads look pretty neat ....

    ReplyDelete
  2. "One moment, you are emailing in an airport and the next minute you are hiding in the bathroom checking email trying to hide your addictive behavior from your husband."

    Man, good thing your husband doesn't read this blog ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Matty, you know I don't do that. It was a client of ours. I was asking how she copes with the stress and that's what she admitted. I promise it's not me. I'd have a rough time explaining how my iPhone dropped in the toilet so out of fear, that's not me. :)

    ReplyDelete