Sunday, June 6, 2010

Banana Pancakes on the Brain

As life changes and evolves, so has my take on situations, things, people, and life in general. (I think that covers all of the bases.) When I named the blog, it's only purpose was to be cute. But, in life, sometimes you get great things (pistachio ice cream), some times you get bad things (mashed parnips, remember, I only like mine roasted). All in all though, it always seems to end up okay and for the best. That has been shown to me more and more lately.

I'm leaving for Hawaii on Saturday. Something I can't wait to do. MattyG and I are going to Kauai where we had our honeymoon. Life's gotten slightly simpler since we got married and so I'm excited to really get away and relax for probably the first time since we got married. Loving the idea. We're going to go mountain tubing, snorkeling, lay on the beach, read, eat Banana Pancakes (well, Matt will. I've yet to decide how to handle that impending gluten-fest), and Hawaiian shave ice. I can't wait.

Now, Fort Wayne is NOT a bustling city that you need to escape from but escaping wherever you are is good once and awhile. And before you get any crazy ideas, we are having housesitters so no keggers. :)

Now, off to work and listen to Jack Johnson while I envision eating fresh pineapple on a beach.

1 comment: