Sunday, March 14, 2010

What's in a name?

"I'm going to write a blog" I said to my husband Matt (herefore called MattyG)
"Oh, yeah! That's cool. What are you going to write about?"
"No idea. Stuff I guess."


Wow. Riveting. Stuff. So Here it goes.


I never realized how much pressure I would feel coming up with the title! It had to be clever, perfect, pensive, thoughtful (is that the same as pensive?), and above all funny.  Here's a glimpse at what I thought about (and yeah, Parsnips + Pistachios was the best I could come up with):

  • Favorite song titles ranging from "If I Could Forget to Breathe" to "Like the Weather" were considered but although I love the songs, once I looked at the lyrics, they um were a little depressing. I had NO idea and I'd been listening for years and years to these songs.
  • "Keep Calm & Carry On" and "Don't Panic" were both evoked and used up.
  • Nicknames: I have a plethora of nicknames. Moogan, Nutmeg, Megaphone, Mega, Megatron, MeggieB (for Britton my maiden name), MeggyG (for Gross my married name), and Meggerinos (don't ask, I can't explain it).
  • Names that had meaning relating to Celiac Disease, my faith, my cats, or something I cherised more than anything.
  • Things my little brother wanted to be called as a kid: Bite Bite, Sharkboy, etc.
  • "Learning Mandarin" because I'd like to but then this would give me pressure and let's face it Mandarin is hard enough.
  • Favorite Foods. One friend has a great title based on a favorite food but I couldn't narrow it down to one thing so I've got a bizarre pale green and yellow combo.
So in the end, I don't have anything clever or funny. Cute or pensive/thoughtful. My only explanation is Pistachio ice cream is my favorite. Parsnips are one of the best veggies. These two things are not loved by many and that confuses me. I just think they are misunderstood...like most people.

1 comment: