Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Things that make noise in the night

As I laid in bed an hour ago wondering if I should get up or lay there, I heard a noise. It was coming from the bedroom door or somewhere in that general area. It started slight and quiet, like a murmur. Then it gradually increased in volume and sounded like a contented sigh. The sighs were coming too closely together though and clearly it wasn't human. I kind of sat up to see what was happening. Olive, the ridiculous almost-1-year-old cat was laying my Matt and I's feet so surprisingly she wasn't causing noises. I got out and walked to the door. In the dim light from the hallway, I could see our senior citizen cat Hazel, age 12,  curled up in a tight little ball snoring away. I'd been slightly scared by a cat. And not for the first time mind you. She's done that before AND louder! She is the champ of snoring cats. She's woken me up out of a really solid sleep. She's even woken Matt up and that's a challenge let me tell you! There was something different about this snoring episode though. I'd never heard such a petite little noise grow in volume so quickly. And it was adorable too! The tiny little "hmmm. hmmmm. hmmmm." noises were so sweet and happy. It was similar to the noise she makes when she's really purring and her little heart is full...

Okay. Stopping. Really? "Little heart is full". I am CLEARLY sleep deprived. This has to end. How ridiculous. My next post should be on monster trucks to slightly redeem myself.  Little heart is full...for pete's sake!

No comments:

Post a Comment