Sunday, May 9, 2010

What I have in common with Pearl Jam...

I like jam okay and I love pearls but that is the closest I may ever come.

Friday, Matt and I went to a Pearl Jam concert at Verizon Wireless whatever it's called now. Since he sat through a Michael Bublé concert, I figured it was his turn. Having never really listened to Pearl Jam seriously, I was curious to see what it was like. My only experience had been Top 10 radio.

As we waited in line to get in, the storm clouds were getting closer and closer and my annoyance was getting higher and higher. I am SUCH a girl when it comes to getting wet. I don't like it. Not one bit. My hair gets frizzy or curly and all funky. I hate it. (insert foot stomp here)

We had been seated on the lawn in great seats for about 30 minutes (the last time I buy lawn tickets for multiple reasons) when they announced all people on the lawn had to get off because a storm was coming. So we went and sat in my car while it barely rained. Then they announced it was safe so we came back and that is of course when it let loose and I got drenched. Stinkin' rain!

So, long story short. After a really long wait, Pearl Jam rocked (even if Eddie Vedder was slightly drunk) but the crowd sucked. Oh my word! Let me say my darling, sweet, unthreatening hubby nearly got in a fight and I was nearly pushed down the lawn. This crowd was so drunk it was insane! Eddie Vedder even came out with a bottle of wine!

Matt and I were deconstructing our recent concerts and the audiences. Now, most have been on the lawn at Verizon so we have vowed to never sit there again but we are uncertain where we fit in the whole scheme of concerts. Here are our concerts we've been to together:

  1. Collective Soul: 105 degree weather but no problems other than a third degree sunburn.
  2. Third Day: Met the band, awesome.
  3. John Mayer: Ridiculous teenyboppers where we felt ancient.
  4. Collective Soul: At Pierre's. Enough said. I still feel violated.
  5. Dave Matthews Band: Great show but the pot stench still turns my stomach if I think about it.
  6. Michael Bublé: A mostly over 50 crowd with a sprinkling of drunk sorority girls
  7. Pearl Jam: Drunkest crows (and band) ever.
I'm not sure what our next show will be. I'm thinking it's going to have to be another Christian band so I feel better about the experience not annoyed. Still, Eddie can sing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment