Monday, January 10, 2011

Sherbet and Alice in Wonderland

I realized I hadn't blogged in awhile and was shocked to find it had been October. I guess I've been busy and I haven't felt like there was a lot to write about. I'm home sick with the flu today (I'll spare you the details) and thought I could write one while sitting/laying on the couch.

When I was a little girl, I would cry wolf all of the time about being sick. I can remember going to the school nurse for the first time (maybe) and saying I didn't feel good. I then promptly ate a candy cane and jumped on the sofas once I got home. Now, there were those times that I was actually sick and they all seem to be the same memory...laying at home on the couch watching Disney's "Alice in Wonderland" and eating rainbow sherbet. Today, with the flu all I have are popsicles and a VHS of "Alice". I may have to settle for DVD "Mary Poppins". There's something simple and comforting about being sick and watching movies that I watched as a kid all bundled up on the couch.

No comments:

Post a Comment