Monday, October 18, 2010

What has happened to me!

Hello. My name is Meghan. I've begun to watch reality tv. SAVE ME!

I really don't have many shows on television that I get excited about. Man V. Food is one that I love to watch but I've been slacking on that a bit. So it is really surprising to me that I've started wanting to watch tv more. Not any tv. No. I'm afraid it's reality. I've been able to skip the "Survivor" craze, "So You Think You Can Dance", "The Hills," and "Jersey Shore." There was that blip early in the day when I watched "American Idol" and a few random "Real World" but those were blips. I also really got into "Big Brother" when I lived in Wales but that was overseas so it doesn't count.

Now, I'm going to step out here and make an admission. Much to my husband's dismay, I've started watching "Dancing with the Stars." I was really curious about who "The Situation" was and how Bristol Palin could dance. Matt's been working in the evenings on freelance comic books so I'm going to blame this on the comics. (His work will appear here in the next few months at Mystery Solved. Check it out. It's really great. Matt also has a Deviant art page with his other work. We're shopping his "Caaats!" book around at the moment.)

"Dancing with the Stars" is one thing but I'm afraid I've turned a corner. While Matt (seeing a trend here?) had his comic creating buddies over one Friday night. I succumbed to Netflix and watched..."Keeping up with the Kardasians." There is no excuse but I watched an entire vapid first season! I even (gasp!) watched half of the second season. It was a long drawing session! What could I do!

So it's Monday night and Matt's upstairs working. "Dancing with the Stars" is on tv. I actually set a reminder. I think I may be too far gone. As long as I stay away from "Keeping up with the Kardasians" I think I'll be okay. At least I'm not voting...yet. How did I get to this point!?

No comments:

Post a Comment