Saturday, September 25, 2010

Sunny Day, Sweepin' the Clouds Away

So the sunshine and cool temp today has me all excited because it's fall and my wedding anniversary is this week. I'm just a little giddy.

We woke up this morning to fighting cats (no surprise there) and brilliant sunshine. As I was drinking my coffee the Sesame Street song popped into my head. When I was a kid, I LOVED Sesame Street. In fact, there isn't a person I've met that hasn't seen this iconic show (if they live in the US that is). Its so hard to pick my favorite character. I think Snuffleupagus, then I change to Cookie Monster, then I change to Ernie, then Grover, then Slimy the worm (he didn't say much but I liked his colors), then Oscar the Grouch. I never really liked Elmo. He kind of annoyed me so I really don't get why he's such a big deal these days.

Anyway, I really like the little stories and the characters. The slightly scary thing is that I remember way to much about that show than I think I should. If they used whatever ninja tactics they used in Sesame Street, on me when I was in school, I would definitely have excelled at match, science, and maybe even gym. Yes. Gym. Here are some the bits I remember that are so inconsequential (big word!) I wish I could forget them and remember really important things like where I put my extra set of keys for the Saturn I just turned in.
Drumroll please....In no particular order...

  • Mr. McFeely (wait. Nope. That's Mr. Rodgers)
  • The story about the kid who's mom wants him to go to the store and buy a stick of butter, a container of milk, and a loaf of bread.
  • Teeny Little Super Guy
  • When the guy who ran the grocery store died (Mr. Hooper)
  • When James Taylor sang on the show and I told everyone he and my dad were best friends
  • When Gordon and what's her name when to an art museum
  • When Gordon and Maria (that's her name!) got married
  • Some bit where kids were playing in a park
  • The Ladybugs picnic
  • I dance myself to sleep
  • "Waiter! There's a fly in my soup!"
  • Something with a ballerina and eating cottage cheese? How random is that!
  • Something with a little house and flowers. I have no idea.
  • Near........Far.....
  • Cookie!
  • Ala Peanut Butter Sandwiches!
  • 1. Ah Ah Ah 2. Ah ah ah
  • Sesame Street Theater...something about a flower.
Okay, with all of this reminiscing, I'm off to watch the clips. I'm sure I'll remember more! What a genius show.








Ha ha ha! I was watching the Jelly Man Kelly and the kids woke up the cat! Awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment